Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Raspberry Dark Chocolate Croissants

Holy Moly. Mega yum here, and so simple too! I won't even bother to get into why I don't love to bake, but I will say I simply adore baked goods. Enter: puff pastry. A true life saver for times when I'm in need of something deliciously fluffy, crisp, and sugary. This is truly a recipe so simple I shouldn't bother even posting it, but I'm sure there is someone out there who might find it useful!




Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and unroll your thawed puff pastry. Don't panic if you want this ASAP, it literally thaws in 20 minutes or so. Slightly roll out the dough to get a bit more surface area. Cut the dough into 9 even squares, then cut each square in half diagonally to form triangles. These make mini croissants, you can always cut the dough into 6 squares and proceed from there if you want them larger. 


Break the chocolate into very small pieces, taking one triangle place the point away from you and place a piece of chocolate near the flat end closest to you (in the middle). Roll the dough over toward the point and bend into a crescent shape. Repeat with remaining dough and chocolate. Place on baking sheet 1" apart and brush over the croissants with the egg wash. Bake at 425 F for 15 minutes, rotating the sheet halfway through. Finish with confectioners sugar. Enjoy!


Raspberry Dark Chocolate Croissants
      makes 18 mini croissants
  • 1/2 17 ounce package frozen puff pastry (so 1 roll)
  • about 4 pieces of dark chocolate with raspberry flakes (hubby bought me Godiva, he is a saint)
  • 1 egg, beaten
Preparation & Cooking Instructions:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and unroll your thawed puff pastry. Cut pastry dough into three equal strips and then ago in the other direction so you have 9 squares. Cut each square in half to form a triangle. Break the chocolate into very small pieces; place one or two pieces of chocolate onto the edge of the triangle's flat side. Roll up and then form into a crescent. Continue with remaining dough and lightly brush with your egg wash. Bake for 15 minutes turning the sheet halfway through to ensure even cooking time. Dust with powdered sugar and let cool slightly; serve warm.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

So glad you had a great time in Vegas (Banana Republic scores? Oh yes!!!) - I love that city, so much fun!! :)

And those Raspberry Chocolate Croissants look positively sinful! Yum!

Lori said...

Those look yummy.
As for pale skin, have you tried the Jergen's gradual tanning lotion. It is very subtle but definitely works.

Healthy and Homemade said...

Oh Lori, I've tried absolutely everything. I'm still pale even with self tanner on, it's just more bearable. My favorite is actually Sally Hanson airbrushed legs, I mix a spritz of that with my lotion and spread it wherever I want to be tan (usually arms, and legs whenever I have a skirt on). I guess it's weird to use leg "makeup" on my arms, but is it really that much weirder than putting makeup on your legs? Probably not, plus it's waterproof, doesn't smell, and I don't have to act like a leper all night long not being able to touch anything or sit on the furniture ;-)