Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

How To: Roasting Garlic

I love garlic. Garlic and I are having a love affair that I keep secret from my husband. Shh, don't tell him!

If you're like me and love (LOVE) garlic then you should definitely know how to roast it! Roasted garlic will turn your butter into something they would serve slathered on a steak at a 5 star restaurant; roasted garlic will also turn simple vinaigrettes and dressings in culinary masterpieces. I had an extra head that I wanted to use up before it went bad, so when I made my BBQ thin crust pizza I sprinkled it with garlic. Yum! Roasted garlic is definitely a great solution for all the heads of garlic you might have bought on sale that you suddenly don't have time to use up. Once it's roasted you can store it in the fridge for at least a week, but it won't last that long ;-)

Roasted Garlic
  • head of garlic
  • salt + pepper
  • olive oil
Preheat oven to 425 F. Slice off about 1/4" off the top of the garlic so most of it is exposed.


Sprinkle with salt + pepper and drizzle olive oil over the top.


Wrap up in the foil and cook in the oven for about 30-45 minutes, or until golden and tender.


Let sit until cool enough to handle, you'll see the cloves start to push up and away from the skins.


Squeeze out of the skins and store with the excess oils for up to one week in the fridge. Enjoy!

I'll be out of town all next week, I look forward to catching up on your lovely blogs when the hubs and I get back. Take care everyone! xo

5 comments:

Jen Hsieh said...

i have a love affair with garlic :)
this is fantastic!

Fashion Court said...

i'm used to always roasting garlic on the grill - definitely going to try this! hope you have a good time traveling :o)

test it comm said...

Roasted garlic is so addictively good!

Anna said...

OOOOh Yes! Can't wait to roast me up some garlic. Thanks for the how to.

Elaine said...

That is FABULOUS. I need to try that. I love garlic too.

clothed much, a modest fashion blog