Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Chicken Parmigiana


After making stuffed chicken on Sunday, Monday afternoon I still had 2 whole chicken breasts to cook. These things are massive. I mean, what the heck are they feeding chickens? The breasts are bigger than mine, haha! Anyway, I had chicken, canned tomatoes, leftover mozzarella cheese, and the makings for an amazing Italian meal.

Chicken Parmigiana
  • two chicken breasts
  • 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella cheese
  • the ingredients and steps for my original tomato sauce, found here
  • Parmesan cheese
  • flour, egg wash, and breadcrumbs to coat the chicken
Preparation & Cooking Instructions

Start your sauce, once it's been cooking for about 15 minutes you can start on the chicken. Do your 3 separate dishes with the flour, the egg wash, and the breadcrumbs and start by dipping your chicken in the flour, then the egg and then the breadcrumbs and place into a preheated skillet over medium heat. I melted a little butter into the pan before placing in the chicken. Preheat your oven to 375 F. Cook for several minutes on each side to brown the chicken. Add a light layer of your tomato sauce in the bottom of a casserole dish, and then place the chicken on top. Bake for 25 minutes at 375. Remove from oven, cover with sauce and then top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. You want to cook the chicken without the sauce first, in order to keep it nice and crispy. Cook until the cheese is nice and bubbly. Let sit for at least 10 minutes before you try to cut it. I served mine up with a side of steamed broccoli.


2 comments:

Elaine said...

Mmm... I'm totally trying this tonight!

Enter to win a professional flat iron!
clothed much, a modest fashion blog

Kayla said...

I am stealing your recipes immediately. I am obsessed with healthy cooking, I grew up that way. So your blog is right up my alley.

http://senseofstyleiseternal.blogspot.com/