Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Ooodles of Noodles



This completes the sixth day of eating nothing but noodles for lunch, and sometimes dinner. I tend to follow recipe measurements pretty closely, or I half them. This particular recipe calls for a pound of spaghetti pasta, and without thinking I went ahead and cooked the whole pound =/ Obviously, a whole pound of noodles for two people is a wee bit excessive . . . With that, we've been doing some hardcore noodle eating around here! This recipe was adapted from Everyday Dish TV (an awesome vegan recipe website).


I usually switch things up a bit when I'm using other peoples recipes, I have my own taste and measurement preferences and like to make the recipe a little more original =) Generally when I am cooking (or uncooking, depending on the meal!) I don't keep track of my measurements, so I'll just make an approximation for everything. These noodles are absolutely perfect for a warm day because you can serve them cold, at room temperature, or warm if that's what you prefer. Also a great way to sneak in veggies for those who might not care for them!

I changed the original recipe by adding:
  • a massive amount of fresh squeezed lime juice
  • honey instead of agave (because I didn't have any)
  • much more sriracha sauce that what is called for
  • mung bean sprouts and just larger portions of the vegetables required
  • a whole lot more ginger
I also tend to not use exact measurements for all of the sauce ingredients, and I think my version came out better than when I followed the recipe exactly. The extra lime adds a more juicy consistency, as well as more flavor! The lesson here? Making a large quantity of pasta is great, but only for a large quantity of people (2 doesn't count). Next time I'll definitely quarter this tasty recipe. Off to enjoy the sunshine =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those noodles are freakin awesome!

JH said...

Your blog looks really good babe! I'm glad you're doing it and having fun with it :D

Healthy and Homemade said...

I agree! They're delicious =)

Healthy and Homemade said...

awww thanks for the comment babe! I had changed my moderation settings, and this got lost somehow!

=)