Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Tofu Scramble

Hello and welcome to my blog! I love food and whether I'm cooking or eating it, it's one of my favorite past times. I've been cooking more lately and my husband inspired me to start a blog about my cooking after he started one about finances (Future Think Dollars). We are both very passionate people, and I want to inspire others to take their health into their own hands. Being healthy and active are the two best forms of health insurance. Everything we put into our bodies will effect us in one way or another, so why not spend your time eating delicious and healthy meals?


Tofu scramble is easy to make, super nutritious, and packed full of flavor (even my egg loving hubby thoroughly enjoys him some tofu scramble ;-) The tofu packs a good hit of protein to start your day, and depending on how many veggies are added you can get a whole days worth in one meal! I usually make my scramble differently every time, this time my recipe was pretty simple:

Tofu Scramble
  • 1 block extra firm organic water packed tofu
  • Sliced onion (about 1/3 to 1/2 cup)
  • Red bell pepper (1/4 cup)
  • Yellow bell pepper (1/4 cup)
  • Green bell pepper (1/4 cup)
  • Garlic
  • Salt + Pepper
  • Nutritional yeast flakes
  • Bragg's Liquid Amino's
Pre-heat a non stick skillet over medium heat to start. Add a couple tablespoons of oil, and slowly crumble your tofu into the pan. Stir around, and cook until all sides have begun to brown. Once it's pretty crispy and chewy looking, sprinkle with nutritional yeast and allow the yeast to melt and bake into the tofu. Next, you're ready to add your veggies. Once you've thrown in your peppers, onion, and garlic heavily season with salt and pepper and continue cooking and gently stirring every so often until your veggies have softened. Lastly, add a couple tablespoons of Bragg's and allow the liquid to absorb into your tofu and veggies. Then you're ready to serve!

2 comments:

Lyn said...

everyone's doing P90X! I need to start mine ASAP! lol

Healthy and Homemade said...

It's awesome! You really feel the burn and know it's working =)

Definitely worth the time and effort, beach body here I come!