Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Lobster Spaghetti

Just mmmmmmm.

This was a delicious meal. I made heated up Trader Joe's butter sage sweet potato gnocchi as a small appetizer, and this pasta was the main dish. I didn't have a recipe so I just winged it using whatever ingredients I had on hand.


To make this you really only need a few basic ingredients. I bought the lobster tails at Trader Joe's. I believe it was 12 ounces for $8.99, it might have been $7.99. Either way it wasn't over 10 bucks for a ton of washed, trimmed, and cooked lobster tails.


Lobster Spaghetti
  • 1/2 lb. spaghetti, fettuccine, or angel hair noodles
  • 12 ounces lobster tails, or whatever lobster meat from the butcher
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 4 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1/4 cup Romano or Parmesan cheese
  • 6 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon basil, fresh or dried
  • Pinch of tarragon, dried
 Preparation and Cooking Instructions

Bring a pot of water to a boil, salt, and drop your pasta. While the pasta is cooking melt butter and oil in a separate pot. When the butter melts add the remaining ingredients. Once the pasta is cooked to al dente, drain and return to the pot (reserve a 1/2 cup starchy cooking liquid before draining). Add the butter sauce to the noodles and continue to cook over very low heat to finish the noodles. Use the cooking liquid to thin the sauce out as much as you like. Plate and serve! Couldn't be easier ^_^


I served a small gnocchi appetizer and we had Perrier and blood orange Italian soda to drink. I also had French music playing in the background on Pandora. It was a very romantic Friday night! ♥

2 comments:

leslie said...

Ohhh good lord..this is amazing! I wish my husband liked seafood :(

Monica H said...

Ooh this looks delicious! I've been craving seafood and I keep seeing it on blogs. I want!