Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Prosciutto and Garlic Spaghetti


This was an experimental dish from about a week ago. The Mr. was at work and I still had half a box of spaghetti left from this recipe. I bought garlic from North Park Produce and it came already peeled, about 8 ounces worth! I also had a packet of prosciutto in the fridge that I didn't have a clue what to do with. This dish turned out to be so delicious, salty, cheesy, and hearty. A real comfort food.


Prosciutto and Garlic Spaghetti
  • 8 ounces spaghetti noodles
  • 3 slices prosciutto, rolled up and sliced into chunks
  • 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
  • About 1/4 cup olive oil, I just used the rest of my bottle!
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
  • pinch hot pepper flakes
  • 1 teaspoon dried or fresh parsley or basil
  • pinch of black pepper
Preparation & Cooking Instructions

In a large pot of salted boiling water, drop the pasta and cook until al dente. Chop the pork into small chunks and add to a cold pan with a very small amount of butter, just to keep it from sticking a little. If you're using non-stick you can skip the butter. Once the meat is crispy drain it over paper towels, reserve just a bit of the grease from the meat in your pan. Add the olive oil and sliced garlic. Toast the garlic over low heat until just golden. Once the garlic is golden turn off the heat and ladle in some of your salty water. When I cook pasta I always add in some of the salty pasta water because it really bonds the flavors. Drain your pasta and immediately return it to the pot. Add the prosciutto and garlic along with your cheese and spices. Continue to cook over low heat for a couple minutes to finish the pasta. Serve and enjoy!


I finished my prosciutto and garlic mixture with a tiny pat of butter because I didn't have a lot of oil and the flavor works really well with the cheese ^_^

5 comments:

healthyandhomemade said...

Thanks! It was amazing! ^_^

abananamedley said...

cheesy AND salty?? sounds delicious! i'm going to have to try this one.

healthyandhomemade said...

Easy and delicious! This is definitely going to be a go to staple in my
house =P

janee said...

This combines all of my favorite things! I am making this recipe asap!

healthyandhomemade said...

It's my new favorite! I just have to be careful not to make it all of the time =P