Pages

Monday, October 27, 2014

Mommy Mondays: Isla's 9 Month Update

Oh my has the time flown by! I thought I would do a quick update about my little sugar plum Isla Grace. She will be 9 months old on the 30th; I cannot believe it. Isla can crawl, pull herself up, and cruise the couch. She says "dada" and "baba," and loves to scream and blow raspberries. Bath time is so much fun, she loves to scoot down in her bath seat and slam her legs into the water. It's messy, and super cute! Isla loves food. Oh boy, my kid can eat. She is still breastfed but also eats three meals a day. Breakfast is usually yogurt and a pouch, I buy a lot of Earth's Best organic baby food. Lunch is usually two pouches, then dinner is a veggie in a big bowl of organic oatmeal along with mixed veggies for finger food. For snacks she likes yogurt melts and the Gerber or Happy Baby puffs. She also loves to drink water, she drinks about five ounces of water from her sippy every day. 




I can count the number of times she's slept through the entire night on exactly one finger. That's right, one night she slept from 7-7. Normally she sleeps from 7 PM to about 2 or 3 AM, nurses, then goes back down until 7 or 7:30. She also takes two naps a day. The first one is usually 1.5-2 hours, and the afternoon nap is 1-1.5 hours. Teething definitely makes nighttime a bit rough. Some nights she's up 2-3 times, but luckily lately she's only been waking once. Isla has five teeth, and one more about to pop through. Even with teething she rarely fights sleep anymore. I must admit, she's sleeping in her swing these days. She slept in the crib from 6 weeks of age up until she was about 5 months old. Once she started pushing up and attempting to crawl she wouldn't nap or sleep at night because she couldn't stop trying to crawl. It got to the point where you could hear her hit her head on the bars from another room, then she would cry hysterically. She sleeps great in the swing, and she can't hit her head or pull up and fall out. Once we move into our house I plan on transitioning her back into the crib, but for now the swing is working great! If you have a baby that has trouble sleeping, the swing might work for you as well. 


Isla really loves music, she rocks back and forth if she's sitting down or standing. If she's in her highchair and hears music she will bop up and down and pump her legs. We've probably watched Frozen about a billion times, and our new favorite is Mary Poppins. Her favorite TV show is Daniel Tiger, again because of the songs. She doesn't really sit still to watch anything so she doesn't get much screen time. It's usually just background noise for the songs while she plays. She is getting great at independent play, especially since she's so mobile now. Her favorite toy is this musical activity walker. It has a piano, guitar, tambourine, and more. She used to love sitting and playing the piano, but my girl rarely sits anymore. She's either crawling, standing, or trying to climb things. She never sits still, unless she's nursing. It's our only snuggle time really! 



I could go on and on about my little princess, but I think I've covered the main bits. If you have any questions let me know and I'll be sure to respond in the comments below! 

No comments: