Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014

Chili Salmon Tacos with Mango Salsa

This was the most mouthwatering lunch I've had in a long time. The hint of spice from the salmon topped with the sweet mango salsa all wrapped up in a warm tortilla was such a treat. What I enjoy most about meals like this is the easy cleanup. I cooked the fish in a non-stick skillet on the stove, wiped out the skillet and then heated the tortillas. Super simple, and comes together very quickly.

Chili Salmon Tacos
    makes 4-6 tacos depending on size of tortillas
  • 2 Salmon Fillets, I used about 12 ounces total
  • 1/2 Tbsp Chili Powder
  • 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
  • 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
  • 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
  • 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
  • 1/8 tsp Salt
  • pat of unsalted Butter
  • taco size Flour Tortillas
  • Mango Salsa, recipe here
Combine the spices and whisk together until the mixture is incorporated and lump free. Place a non-stick skillet over medium heat and add the pat of butter. Rub half of the seasoning mixture over one side of the salmon. When the pan is hot place the salmon seasoned side down, then sprinkle the remaining spice mixture over the salmon. Cook the salmon for two minutes per side, then let it rest on a plate for a couple minutes while you warm the tortillas. Take a knife and cut the salmon into strips, but you could flake it instead. 

I regret not picking up a bag of shredded cabbage to go along with these, that would have made a good bed for the fish. To assemble I placed the salmon down on a warmed tortilla, topped with the mango salsa, and squeezed a little fresh lime juice over the top. The lime juice is optional, but I made the salsa the same day I had the tacos so I had one on hand.

Per serving (I ate half of the recipe): 522 calories, 15 grams fat, 647 mg sodium, 800 mg potassium, 54 carbs, 15 grams sugar, and 37 grams protein. 

No comments: