Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Simple Coconut Lime Salmon

I absolutely love salmon, but I seem to always cook it the same way. Olive oil, salt, pepper, and cook it in a frying pan or broil it. I wanted to be a little fancier this time and serve it up with some herb butter asparagus I bought as well as some rice, because I couldn't even think about eating another freaking salad the day I made this.


This dish was easy for me to make because I had fresh limes, a can of coconut milk, and shredded coconut. I definitely recommend fresh limes for this dish so you can use the zest!


Coconut Lime Salmon
  • 2 salmon fillets, medium size or larger
  • 2 whole limes, zest and juice
  • 1 can coconut milk (14.5 oz I believe)
  • 1/4 tsp curry powder (optional)
  • shredded coconut, toasted (optional)
  • rice
Preparation & Cooking Instructions

To create your marinade simply empty the coconut milk into a bowl and add the lime zest and juice, stir to combine. You need a lot of acid to cut through the creaminess of the coconut milk, so although it sounds like a lot of juice and zest it really isn't. Place your fillets in a baking dish, large bowl, or deep plate and pour 3/4 of the marinade over the fish. Let it marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes. Reserve the rest of the coconut lime sauce to mix in with the rice, or drizzle over the cooked salmon. I grilled my salmon using a grill pan until the internal temperature reached 145 degrees F. 

If you want your rice to have a little kick, add in the 1/4 tsp curry powder or more to the sauce. I had originally photographed the salmon before I realized I had shredded coconut in the fridge. You can toast the coconut over medium heat until lightly browned. It adds a nice texture to the overall dish. You have soft rice, plump juicy salmon, crisp asparagus, and crunchy coconut flakes. Enjoy ^_^



10 comments:

Dsunshine05 said...

That dinner looks super delicious! I might have to try that one day soon!

Healthy & Homemade said...

The flavor is so nice, especially with the toasted coconut and fresh lime juice squeezed over the whole thing!

Victoria G said...

ooh---I love the idea of coconut with lime and salmon! I love the taste of coconut so I would definitely use the toasted shredded coconut on top! I am with you as far as salads--I love them but how many can you eat in one week???

capricorn1977.blogspot.com

Reeni said...

Such delicious flavors for salmon! The coconut over top is a nice touch. Saw your comment at Eats Well With Others and thought I would stop by and say hi!

Joanne said...

This is SUCH a fun marinade for salmon! I love the coconut and lime combo wherever I find it.  A fabulous dinner.

Healthy & Homemade said...

Yeah seriously, I was averaging like 14 salads a week. They were delicious of course, but sometimes you get tired of having to eat so much for a meal. Salads take time to eat =P

Healthy & Homemade said...

Oh cool!! I love Joanne's blog =) I'm glad you stopped by, thank you!

Healthy & Homemade said...

One of my favorite combos, yum yum!

betty said...

this looks fantastic!!! yumm thanks for sharing :O)

Healthy & Homemade said...

And thank you for reading =)