Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Beef Fajitas



I can't recall cooking beef lately, the last time I remember buying any was for those meatballs I made in June. I purchased some flank steak a while back but ended up freezing it because I had other things I wanted to cook first, or not have to cook like salads.


I thawed it out the other day along with a package of fajita veggies, and decided to make Spanish rice and vegetarian refried beans to go with the meat. It was very simple to throw together, the rice and beans were microwavable and the meat got cooked on the grill pan as well as the veggies. You have to excuse the weird cheese blobs on the beans. I didn't want to open my bag of grated sharp cheddar when I had a package of perfectly good sliced cheese.

I like to season the meat with equal parts chili powder, cumin, and coriander to give it a taco flavor. On the other side of the meat I used Adobo seasoning and black pepper. It turned out really nice, definitely well seasoned!



Once the meat is ready to go, set it on a plate with a loose foil tent. In the pan add in your thawed veggies along with more Adobo or taco seasoning. They'll absorb the yummy juices the meat left behind.


Let it rest for a few minutes while you heat up your rice and beans. Plate and serve! Nothing to it. A simple way to cook up a yummy meal, you're just missing that hotter-than-the-sun fajita plate they use in restaurants =P


14 comments:

Fab Kimberly said...

I just ate dinner, but looking at all this yummy food is making me hungry again!  :-)

Joanne said...

I'd much rather have this healthy and homemade version (HAH!) than take-out.  Delicious!

Erin @ Cooking on Whim said...

This looks delicious and simple! Love your blog (If you can, check out mine and Follow me! I am new to blogging and trying to get to 25 followers). 

Healthy & Homemade said...

Hahaha! I'm hungry too =P

Healthy & Homemade said...

Lol, Nice one =)

Healthy & Homemade said...

Thank you Erin! I will check it out =)

Brhoward said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog!!

loveatfirstshop said...

this looks amazing!!! i'll have to try it =)

Healthy & Homemade said...

Thank you!!

Healthy & Homemade said...

It was awesome! Wish we had more =P

Amyepalmacci said...

This looks so yummy! I always want to rush right home and try all your dishes...

xoxo

Pam said...

That's my kind of dinner!

Healthy & Homemade said...

That is too sweet Amy, thanks so much.

Healthy & Homemade said...

It was so well seasoned, I love being able to do it at home!