Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

Peppery Creamy Fettuccine with Grape Tomatoes

 I was watching an episode of Barefoot Contessa on Hulu the other day and found this recipe irresistible. What I liked most about it was the ingredients were already on hand, so all I had to do was boil water and cook the pasta. The rest is really too easy! I've tweaked the recipe a tad, but the ingredients are almost identical to the original. Enjoy!



Peppery Creamy Fettuccine with Grape Tomatoes
    yields 2 large servings, adapted from Ina Garten
  • 8 ounces fettuccine 
  • 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 2 tablespoons cream (or half & half)
  • 1 tablespoon mascarpone cheese
  • 2-4 ounces Pecorino or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
  • 1.5 cups grape (or cherry) tomatoes, halved
Preparation & Cooking Instructions

Boil a pot of water, while you're waiting on the water cut the grape tomatoes in half, chop your parsley and grate the cheese. Once the pasta is al dente, scoop out a cup of boiling water and set it aside. Drain the pasta and return the same pot (or a bowl). Add in all of the remaining ingredients and stir until the cheese is melted. If the pasta/sauce mixture seems a little thick, then you can add in some of the boiling water you reserved. Just a splash should work. Plate and serve. For an extra tangy touch I added a balsamic glaze around the plate. It's up to you if you have some on hand and want to add it.


16 comments:

Elena said...

Ooh! This looks tasty---bookmarking for later :-D

MarcelaGMD said...

Wow qué rico!!! I like your blog!
Maybe we can follow each other?
Besos, desde España, Marcela

Joanne said...

Mmm this sounds truly delicious!  Decadent without being overly so!

Raquelita said...

Yum!  That looks so good!

Ashley's Cooking Adventures said...

This looks fantastic! 

Healthy & Homemade said...

Yay ^_^

Healthy & Homemade said...

Thank you Marcela! I will check out your blog too! ^_^

Healthy & Homemade said...

That's what I LOVE about this recipe. It's really quite light, especially if you measure out about 25 grams worth of pasta for yourself. You can always make it luscious with mascarpone and shrimp or another protein, but I like it quick and simple! It's one of my go to meals.

Healthy & Homemade said...

It is! And so easy too, it's hard not to eat a whole bowl =P

Healthy & Homemade said...

Thank you Ashley! ^_^

Victoria G said...

This looks divine and actually reminds me of some dishes that were served while we were on vacation in Italy---

Healthy & Homemade said...

Sweet! So it's close to authentic? Easiest meals are my favorite. I've never been to Italy, I REALLY hope to go someday soon ^_^

Monica H said...

This looks so good and simple. Of course for my meat loving husband I'd have to add a steak to this. ha!

Healthy & Homemade said...

Ooooo steak would be so yummy in this =)

Nicole Arnold said...

YUM!!!!!  Looks delish!

Healthy & Homemade said...

One of my faves! =)