Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Hawaii

It's finally time for the post about HAWAII!! I'm lame and slow to get this up, but it's not like anyone is breaking down the door or flooding my email for pictures so I'm sure it's all good. I'm going to give a rough run down of what we did all 7 days and 6 nights and include some pictures! There are literally hundreds so I'm just going to include some of my favorites ♥

On Sunday we explored around the hotel, we didn't get into the room and settled until 5 pm. We stayed on the island of Oahu, at the Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club. It was ridiculously nice, I highly recommend staying there or in that area if you're looking for a nice quiet getaway!




Monday was the day to explore Kapolei and stock up on goodies from Costco. We bought snorkeling sets and had to opportunity to snorkel in the lagoon. Ko Olina has 4 man-made lagoons that are great spots to snorkel, swim, and sip pina coladas on the beach!


On Tuesday we explored the western side of the Island, Wai'anae, and attended the luau (Fia Fia) at night! Fia Fia was the best luau I've ever been to. I would see it again if we ever go back to Oahu.



Shoyu chicken from a food truck!




Wednesday was action packed. We had a snorkel cruise from 9am until 2pm, followed by a sunset cruise at 5 pm. The snorkeling was ridiculous. We were surrounded by thousands on fish that would swim above, underneath, and on either side of you. I took about 20 pictures of one sea turtle that came up right next to me for air.


Thursday we drove through central Oahu, stopping by the Dole Plantation for some Dole Whip. We drove all the way up to the North Shore to try out some shrimp trucks and get shaved ice. We drove past the North shore toward the windward beaches and stopped at Malakahana Beach, where Hubs attempted to swim out to Goat Island. Little did we know how low the tide would be that day, he almost made it to the island. When we go back we'll check the tide in the newspaper and be sure to bring water shoes and wetsuits to avoid the sharp rocks! For dinner we went to Chuck's Steakhouse, which was delicious and beautiful. Sitting right next to the koi pond was magical.




Friday we explored Waikiki Beach and made the hike up Diamond Head Crater. Before we hit the beach we stopped by Waiola's for shaved ice. That was truly the best shaved ice we've had. The ice had a powdery consistency and the syrup was delicious. We hadn't planned on the hike, so we were in bathing suits and flip flops. We also didn't have any water or snacks with us. Luckily there was a food truck in the park so after the hike we fueled up on hot dogs and shaved ice. The rest of the day we relaxed, we even went back to the lagoon for more snorkeling and laying on the beach with pina coladas in hand!




Saturday was bittersweet. We spent the day at the pool and snorkeling in the lagoon. Our flight was at 10 pm that night, we were dreading coming home. It's hard to leave paradise! The first class menu on Hawaiian Airlines is amazing. I cannot even describe how awesome the food was, and I feel like an idiot for not taking a picture!! Due to complete exhaustion and too much champagne I just forgot. Let me tell you, for only a couple hundred bucks more on a 5+ hour flight, it is beyond worth the upgrade. No screaming children, huge comfortable seats, all you can drink, and amazing food ^_^


The trip was completely amazing and we cannot wait to go back. The weekend after we got home we took a trip to Las Vegas for three nights, more to come on that soon! I've been a busy bee decorating the apartment since we've been back. I am no master of feng shui, but I definitely feel a better vibe and flow now that I've changed things up!

12 comments:

Mary @ Bites and Bliss said...

What a fun post!! I really miss Hawaii.  I stayed there for a few weeks a couple of summers ago. So much fun!!

Raquelita said...

The picture of that sunset is phenomenal!  Your vacation sounds and looks just fantastic!  I'm seriously loving that second maxi dress and you look so toned and tanned in that last photo!

Elena said...

You look amazing in these pics and it looks like a very fun trip! Hawaii is still on our honeymoon list...we shall see. :)

Rachel said...

Lady, you look amazing in your bikini. Well done!

Healthy & Homemade said...

Oh how fun! What island did you stay on? I can't wait to go back!!

Healthy & Homemade said...

I can't believe the sunset is like that all the time in Hawaii. I mean California is beautiful, but it's nothing like Hawaii. It's paradise there! I'm glad I hopped on the maxi dress trend, They're so fun and comfortable! I think I had a pretty decent bikini body when we left for vacation but unfortunately I feel like it's ruined now that I haven't really worked out for 3 weeks due to being sick then being out of town and busy and we've been eating fast food. Ugh! My goal is so far away.

Healthy & Homemade said...

That would be a very relaxing honeymoon! I liked being there because you're still on American territory, as opposed to the Bahamas which was gorgeous but a totally different experience. We felt a lot safer there and it was nice being able to go to Costco and not have to eat weird food, in the Bahamas it was all inclusive and all they served us was hamburgers haha. What other places are you thinking for a honeymoon?

Healthy & Homemade said...

Thanks!! Well, I DID. Now I feel like I'm back to where I started after not working out for 3 weeks, drinking way too much alcohol, and eating fast food. YIKES. Need to get back to it, I feel so gross. Vacations are fun but damaging to that bikini body goal of mine.

fashiontherapist said...

Wow seems like you guys got around the island like locals.  I love Hawaii but we don't go back often enough (my hubby is from there) and I love visiting.  Glad you guys had fun.  I can't believe back to back trips - can't wait to hear about Vegas.

Healthy & Homemade said...

Oh cool!! I'm asking you for tips the next time we go then! =P The guys in
Hawaii were so hunky, lol, I love the luau! ;)

Nicole Arnold said...

Love the maxi dresses!  They are my fav thing this summer.

Healthy & Homemade said...

The are so awesome. I need to wear mine more often! I want to get a plain solid cotton one at some point.