Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Eggplant Stack, by Steve Martarano


I mentioned previously that Hubs and I ate at Martarano's at the Rio in Las Vegas. For an appetizer we shared the eggplant stack, and it was amazing. The ingredients are those found in eggplant Parmesan with the addition of balsamic vinegar and an arugula salad, yum! I saw an episode of the Real Housewives of Miami on Hulu, and one of the girls hosted a luncheon where they had a cooking lesson from chef Steve Martarano. That gave me the general idea of how to assemble this dish! I also found the actual recipe (or at least I'm assuming it was) on this website, check it out for yourself for the complete measurements!


This is incredibly simple to make and assemble, I only wish I would have had arugula on hand for garnish! Instead I used grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, chili flakes, and chopped parsley. 


I didn't have the balsamic glaze to decorate the plate, but now that I have it the plate will get a generous drizzle next time! Tip: instead of using plain breadcrumbs try saving the crouton packets from store bought and fast food salads, they're usually seasoned with herbs and butter. Crush up the croutons and add the extra garlic powder and fresh chopped parsley. The eggplant alone was the most delicious fried eggplant I have ever made, I look forward to making this again.

5 comments:

Foodlover said...

Wow this looks so delicious! I can't wait to try it out! You should check out Food Network's new show Extreme Chef! Sneak preview Sunday, June 26 at 10:30/9:30c! Watch the sizzle real in the mean time!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3J824ZuGXA

donna said...

This looks like a delicious Eggplant Caprese Salad.  YUM!!!

Healthy & Homemade said...

It was amazing. I wish I could eat it every day =P

Ashley's Cooking Adventures said...

Wow, I am drooling over this! Looks amazing!

Healthy & Homemade said...

It's so yummy. I need to try making a grilled version to save on calories =P