Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

How To: Spruce Up Your Leftovers!

If you're like me, then you most likely come home from a restaurant with a doggy bag. The only problem is whatever is left over never looks as good or fresh as it did in the restaurant. Most likely your sides have already been eaten, and you're left with something like this:




That was a fillet of seafood stuffed sole from a certain, very popular, seafood and lobster restaurant ;) It had originally come with a side, I chose broccoli. To recreate the meal at home I used some frozen broccoli florets I had on hand as well as frozen lobster tails from my freezer.



I simmered the lobster tails (very simply) in equal amounts butter and olive oil until they were warmed through and seasoned the sauce with salt and pepper.


When the lobster butter sauce was poured over the fish and the broccoli it brought it back to life and truly made a delicious meal using a leftover piece of fish. Although I basically just recreated the meal from the night before there are many ways to use leftover fish. You can make a sandwich, salad, frittata, fish stew, fish tacos, and the list goes on and on. It's all about using what you have on hand and turning something small and leftover into an extraordinary new meal!

12 comments:

Janine said...

Looks delicious! It may be 10 at night but you've got me craving some fish and broccoli right now... :P (that's me licking my lips)

gigglypandagirl.blogspot.com

Stephanie said...

Ha ha! Love it =) I've been trying to eat more fish lately. I forget how
incredibly delicious it is!

Pam said...

What a great dish... it looks fantastic and you would never know it's leftover fish.

La Cuisine Helene said...

What a delicious meal. I love the idea of the Lobster Tail.

Adassinger said...

just found your blog I'm lovin it! Hope you'll check me out mine
Ash @ www.acstylefiles.blogspot.com

preppywithatwist said...

This is such a great idea! Usually my leftovers live out their sad last days in the fridge, looking unappetizing, before I throw them out. Now I know I just need to get creative :)

Monica H said...

Yum! This looks totally delicious. I would not have guessed they were leftovers.

Healthy & Homemade said...

I wish my leftovers would make themselves beautiful sometimes, it can be a pain in the butt!

Healthy & Homemade said...

I honestly think the sauce I made for the fish made it taste better than it was to begin with!

Healthy & Homemade said...

Yes it's definitely a super sneaky dish ;)

Healthy & Homemade said...

I am in LOVE with the lagostina tails at Trader Joe's. They're cheap, delicious, prewashed and precooked.

Healthy & Homemade said...

Thank you!! I will definitely check out your blog as well ^_^