Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

How to Make Snickerdoodles from a Mix

I'm not one to trust many boxed cake and cookies mixes, but the Betty Crocker sugar cook mixes yields decent results! Now as yummy as plain sugar cookies are, they aren't quite as delicious as snickerdoodles!


Oddly enough I don't have any cream of tartar, but what I do have is a box mix for sugar cookies. I thought I'd give them a whirl rolled in cinnamon sugar and the result way great. 



You will need:
  • 1 bag Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix (or another 1 1b. mix)
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tablespoon flour
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 2 tablespoons Splenda blend sugar
Preheat oven to 375 F. In a small bowl mix cinnamon with sugar. In a large bowl melt your butter and mix in the cookie mix, one egg, and a tablespoon of flour. Using a cookie dropper (or tablespoon, I've always preferred a cookie dropper) roll the balls into the cinnamon sugar mix and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper, 2 inches apart. Bake 9-11 minutes depending on your oven, sprinkle tops of cookies with additional cinnamon sugar the second you take them out of the oven. Cool for one minute on the baking sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days (see if they even last that long). Enjoy ;-)


3 comments:

Anna said...

yummy...those look delicious! making me hungry.

S. said...

Wow! That's a really simple, quick recipe! Can't wait to give it a try! =)

Elaine said...

This is awesome. I loved that you used a box but made it different from what it's originally supposed to be! Seriously. So creative. I'm a rules follower so I would've never thought of that. Ha.

clothed much, a modest fashion blog