Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Awesome Recipe for Peas! ^_^



When I first saw the post about Philly Peas over at Leslie's blog I died and went straight to pea heaven! I couldn't wait to try them! After a month I finally had all the ingredients and the time and focus to whip them up! I did a modified version of this amazing recipe Healthy & Homemade style! Leslie, you're a genius for making peas your kids want to chow down on!



Recipe adapted from Leslie, you will need:
  • 6 pieces of turkey bacon
  • 2 shallots, chopped or thinly sliced
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 3/4 cup chicken stock, broth, or bouillon
  • 4 ounces light cream cheese
  • about 1 lb. of green peas, I think I used a little more than that
  • salt + pepper to taste
  • teeny pinch of nutmeg

I followed all of the directions from the original recipe. For the nutmeg, I added that in when I did the salt + pepper. I couldn't resist adding it, I love nutmeg in any kind of white sauce. I cant say I'm as adorable or enthusiastic as Leslie is, but I can definitely say this recipe is phenomenal! Give it a shot next time you buy a jumbo 4 lb. bag of peas like me.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Thanks so much for the shout out and link back to my blog!!!! I am sooo very glad you liked my peas. I love you addition of the nutmeg!!

Healthy and Homemade said...

They are SO yummy!

Anonymous said...

Ooh looks like a great recipe! :) Will have to check out the blog.