Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Fire Roasted Tomato and Watercress Bruschetta


Holy yum! This was the easiest bruschetta I've made and was hands down one of my favorites ^_^




Fire Roasted Tomato and Watercress Bruschetta
  • crispy bread
  • 14 ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
  • 1/2 bundle watercress
  • 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
  • salt + pepper to taste
  • garlic olive oil
  • one clove garlic, grated
  • dried oregano & basil (sprinkle, to taste)
  • whipped cream cheese or Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese, optional
Preparation & Cooking Instructions

Preheat your broiler to high. On a baking sheet lined with foil place your bread and spritz with Pam cooking spray. Cook for 4 minutes or until light golden brown. Flip the bread over and spritz with more Pam, continue to cook opposite side for 3 minutes or until golden brown. I find the second side always cooks much faster, be sure to keep and eye on the oven so you don't burn the bread.  In a large bowl combine the drained fire roasted tomatoes, chopped watercress, green bell pepper, oil, one clove of minced garlic, salt + pepper. Stir very gently, be sure you don't bruise the watercress too much. When the bread is finished take the other clove of garlic, cut in half, and rub it on the bread. Cover the bread with a thin layer of whipped cream cheese and spoon the bruschetta over. 


1 comment:

Joanne said...

Bruschetta is possibly my favorite summer food ever! I really far too often find myself eating it with a spoon out of the container. Dude if I had made bruschetta that good, I would have eaten probably twice that. Yes. I have a problem :P