Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Poached Eggs Over Salmon Cakes


I saw this recipe for salmon cakes on Chef John's blog a while back, and I finally decided to make it. I thought it would be good with poached eggs on top, and it sure was! You can find the original recipe on his blog, but I modified it due to lack of certain ingredients, so I'll post what I used:

Poached Eggs Over Salmon Cakes
  • 12 ounces canned salmon
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped pickle or relish
  • 1 clove garlic, grated
  • 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard (I didn't have this so I used 1/2 tsp. mayo and 1/2 tsp. mustard)
  • juices of 1/2 lemon
  • 1 egg
  • nearly 1/3 cup Panko or other plain breadcrumbs
  • salt + pepper to taste
  • butter or oil for frying
Combine all of your ingredients in a bowl, pat down and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Divide the mixture into fourths and form your patties. Pat with a little more breadcrumb and fry over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side. 




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

gaaaah I am so hungry now!! Those look awesome! I'll have to try making them sometime.

-Megan

Chelsea said...

OMG. this looks AMAZING. I would SO order this at a restaurant! your cooking skills will forever amaze me!

daisychain said...

oh man...this is so gorgeous looking.

!Tb0n3! said...

Wow!! I'm sure that this dish tasted as good as it looked!! I'm eating my quickie sandwich and drooling at your pictures!