Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Chocolate Lava Cake

I'll start off with this:


So yummy, the recipe I used can be found here. I, of course, tweaked it to my liking and only cooked it for 12 minutes. I love Chef John's blog, he seriously makes some of the yummiest dishes!




You should make this, like right now. It's so easy. I did the batter in my Magic Bullet and used a 6 oz. ramekin to cook it in. Super classy =P My tips: this recipe CAN be halved, I used extra large eggs because that's all we had, you can use add ins like a pinch of cayenne pepper for spice, it's better to under-cook it to begin with! Some people worry about "raw" eggs, but come on people cooking less than two eggs for 12 minutes at 425 degrees should pretty much zap all chance of getting sick. Also, taking raw eggs into consideration there is a 1 in 10,000 chance that you'll get sick. So no worries =D

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG! Where is mine??!! : D

Anonymous said...

Um. Wow. Doesn't matter at all that I'm still just enjoying my morning coffee---WANT THIS NOW! :)

Tabitha said...

YUM - this looks delicious. I might have to try this on one of my "free" days where I can eat whatever.

Healthy and Homemade said...

The best part about this cake is how natural it is! Just a few simple ingredients, and you can always use less butter (but it will be less moist!!) and the darker the chocolate the healthier! =D