Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Beurre Maitre d' Hotel aka Hotel Butter



I seriously recommend making a little batch of the "beurre maitre d' hotel" (aka, hotel butter) because it will spruce up your everyday dishes! Do you see the lovely chunks of garlic and fresh bits of parsley? The eggs taste amazing, and don't stick to the pan!


Hotel Butter
  • 4 tablespoons butter, softened 
  • 1 tablespoon freshly chopped Italian parsley
  • 1/2 clove garlic (minced or finely chopped, depending on your preference)
  • salt + pepper to taste, optional
I made half of that amount, and still have a little chunk left in my fridge! This can be made with any butter alternative as well, so Light Smart Balance or Earth Balance or whatever else you'd like! You take a piece of plastic cling wrap, stir up all of the ingredients, and plop into the plastic wrap. Roll it into a little log and refrigerate until firm. It makes the best eggs. 




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hear, hear! And what a perfect last sentence. :)

Healthy and Homemade said...

Miss Julia was awesome, I like a woman who loves booze and butter!

Jan said...

Oh dear. I gave up booze a couple of years ago and as for sex...well, let me leave off by saying that I'm going to pick up some butter at the store today. :P