Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Pumpkin Muffins



Last night, I made a dozen pumpkin muffins while hubby was at work (because I really hate making dinner for one, so this was easier). Now we're down to four muffins sitting on the counter, they are really good!! I got the recipe from thee PPK (Post Punk Kitchen). It's a vegan website, which I'm sure you've already heard of, that has amazing recipes!! So thanks to Isa, who submitted this recipe, these muffins rocked my socks off!

Original recipe found here, so I won't re-post it. However, I did make some changes (as usual, right?). I did one cup of sugar (to be exact, 3/4 cup raw organic cane sugar and 1/4 cup brown sugar), skipped the ginger and allspice and bumped the cloves up to 1/4 of a teaspoon, used almond milk instead of soy milk, and used 1 tablespoon of vegan sour cream instead of vegan yogurt. Not super big changes, I doubt it changed the flavor of the recipe. I really liked these muffins because they had a nice amount of spice, and the molasses was so yummy!


Ohhhh look at all those cute little muffins, just waiting to be gobbled up! I baked them with little sprinkles of the raw sugar on top, I'm so fancy =P


My breakfast this morning! Served up with a piping hot cup of coffee, great way to start the day. On the agenda today: Grocery shopping, errands, laundry, cleaning, etc. (basically all the stuff I don't get to do when hubby is home). I hope everyone has a lovely Thursday, it's almost the weekend! I'm definitely looking forward to a 2 hour amazing block of TV tonight, lame I know, but I love Thursdays!

6 comments:

Heather said...

mmm I have been meaning to make some muffins and bread with my pumpkin. I have been so lazy. Seeing these make me wanna do it again.

Healthy and Homemade said...

They are so good, we're down to only 3 muffins!! =)

Elaine said...

I LOVE pumpkin anything. This is next on my list...once I get a muffin pan...


clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, so exciting! I'm forwarding your link to my hubby right now!!!

Anonymous said...

oh yum. I want some, but I'll probably end up making pumpkin cookies... I'm definitely trying these soon, though!

-Megan

Hannah said...

Oh man, those look great! Nothing beats homemade pumpkin muffins for breakfast in autumn. :)