Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sticky Lemon Chicken with Vegetable Fried Rice



I am beyond relieved it's almost Friday. This week has been eventful, and I'm exhausted! I didn't get a chance to eat dinner until 10 pm today. Totally crazy, but it was worth the wait!



Sticky Lemon Chicken
      adapted from Gordon Ramsay
  • 8 to 10 pieces of chicken (I used the drummers I had left over, that had been frozen and thawed)
  • EVOO
  • garlic (because I use freeze-dried garlic I measured out 3 teaspoons and pressed it, that was enough for me but you might want more)
  • a few sprigs of thyme
  • soy sauce
  • honey
  • fresh lemon
  • bunch of Italian parsley
  • salt + pepper
Start by heating your olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add your chicken and begin to brown all the sides. Once the chicken is looking nicely brown season with salt, pepper, garlic, and thyme. You want to grab a pair of scissors and cut off pieces of the thyme, small enough so it can cook into the chicken. Once the chicken is seasoned add a few tablespoons of soy sauce, and a few tablespoons of honey. Let this cook into the chicken for a couple minutes, and then add a splash of hot water and your lemon slices. Let your sauce reduce by about half and become nice and syrupy. After about 10 minutes the chicken should be fully cooked and your sauce ready to go. Top with your freshly chopped parsley, and toss together for another minute. I used a kitchen thermometer to check the temp, it didn't take long to cook. Plate with rice, champ, or green beans and enjoy! I wanted to do champ for a side dish, but I didn't have any spring onions. Instead, I cooked up some of the TJ's vegan vegetable fried rice. It's epic, I recommend picking some up!


6 comments:

Jen Hsieh said...

that chicken looks amazing! such a great combination with the rice and the lemon on top. yum :)

daisychain said...

oh man your blog makes me hungry!

Anonymous said...

OMG this looks amazing!

I nominated you for a well-deserved award over at my blog :) Check it out!

Elaine said...

Oh, I'm so making this tomorrow night!!! Thanks so much!


clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Jan said...

That looks really good bubbling away in the skillet.*


*Excepting that it's chicken. ;)

Healthy and Homemade said...

LOL, yeah that whole chicken thing wouldn't work so great for you Jan! I think the sauce is absolutely delicious though, and simple to make. That Trader Joe's rice is really yummy too, and vegan =D