Pages

Friday, October 3, 2014

Easy and Delicious Pollo Asado Tacos

This was another quick and easy meal that we really enjoyed. You can speed the process up more by using pre-made ingredients, but why buy salsa if you already have the ingredients in your fridge. The best time saver here is starting the pre-marinated chicken, and while it cooks throw together the toppings and your side.


Pollo Asado Tacos
    serves 4
  • 16 ounces marinated Pollo Asado Chicken Thighs
  • 16 Corn Tortillas
  • Salsa, recipe below
  • Guacamole, to save time I used store bought (optional)
  • shredded Mexican Cheese (optional)
  • Rice or another side, recipe below
  • Olive Oil
In a skillet over medium heat add two teaspoons of olive oil and the chicken thighs. Cook according to package directions, it took about 12 minutes for mine to cook. While the chicken is cooking start on your salsa and side. For the salsa I made pico de gallo, you can take my mango salsa recipe here and swap out the mangoes for two tomatoes. Quick and simple! 

For the side we already had an eight ounce bag of cooked brown rice in the pantry. In a sauce pan over medium heat I added two teaspoons of olive oil and 1/4 cup chopped white onion, two chopped green onions, and a teaspoon of minced garlic. To that I added a dash of black pepper and Adobo all purpose seasoning. I sauteed the veggies and garlic for a few minutes before I added in the rice. I like to add my own seasonings to control the salt and use up some leftover veggies. Because I was chopping up the ingredients for the salsa this only added another minute of chopping. Completely worth it, and much better than eating plain bland brown rice. 

Remove the chicken thighs from the pan, chop them up, then add them back into the pan over medium heat to really saturate the chicken with the juices. Take the tortillas and wrap them in a damp paper towel and microwave for one minute. For each taco layer two tortillas, top with a little shredded cheese, chicken, salsa, a dollop of guacamole, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. I blame my mommy brain forgetting to take pictures of the guacamole on the tacos. Halfway through my first taco I realized I had bought guacamole, unfortunately for my husband he had already finished his tacos. Oops! Next time. Hope you enjoy!


Per serving (2 tacos): 511 calories, 16 grams of fat, 54 grams of carbs, 6 grams of sugar, and 29 grams of protein. To lighten it up, eliminate the cheese and tortillas and place all the toppings over a big bowl of romaine lettuce!

No comments: