Pages

Monday, December 30, 2013

Mommy Mondays Week 34

Well we're officially moving at warp speed! I remember asking my husband what felt like months ago when we should get the car seat base in the car "just in case," and we agreed to do it at 35 weeks. That's next week! How is this possible? Her nursery is really coming together. My dad refinished a dresser that was my husbands when he was little, and all we're waiting on is the glider to be delivered. Then I'm ready to decorate! I can't wait to share. I was thinking in addition to pictures I could put a vlog up on YouTube to give you a better feel about the space and layout of the room.

I'm definitely feeling very pregnant these days. My feet swell from work, my stomach is so sore at the end of the day from all the Braxton Hicks that I feel like I've done 10,000 crunches, and I'm pretty sure I waddle. I've been noticing a lot of pressure down below, but nothing out of the ordinary from what friends tell me. I had my 3 hour glucose test about a week and a half ago and my doctors office never called me about it, so I'm assuming all is well. Which is great! I can eat sweets again haha! I don't know why, but I have this feeling the baby might come before her due date. Maybe it's the pressure, the what feels like constant Braxton Hicks, and the fact that she's been head down for so long. Everyone says first babies take forever, both in terms of how long you're pregnant and how long you're in labor. I will just keep hoping and praying it all goes smoothly. 


How many weeks: 34

What fruit/veggie is baby: cantaloupe, 17.75 inches and 4.75 lbs.

Movement: there is a lot lately of what just feels like her bouncing around. I don't get as many kicks these days, and she's started to do this thing when it feels like she's dragging her foot across my side. But only when I'm laying down to go to sleep, of course.

New symptoms: Still a lot of pressure, especially where her head is. Sometimes it feels like she's trying to wedge into my pelvis. On top of that I feel like I'm always having Braxton Hicks contractions. If I worry about the frequency I make sure to track them, and it's a max of four per hour. I generally have about 3-4 per hour, hence the super sore feeling stomach at the end of the night. My heat pack is a life saver. 

Cravings: I really want fresh warm chocolate chip cookies with milk. I've been wanting this all week. I went to the grocery store and got chocolate chips, and I cannot wait to use my new Kitchenaid that was a gift from my parents to make cookies this week!!

Sleep: it was awesome this week. I still wake up a bunch, but I've been taking Benadryl some nights along with my B6 because the combo helps a lot with nausea. So it tends to knock me out. I also get overly tired so easily these days that I fall asleep pretty fast. I've been needing naps a lot more too.

Stretch marks: none

Rings on/off: on

Best memory of the week: seeing the baby on the 4D ultrasound! She has pouty lips and chubby cheeks. I can't wait to kiss all over that face. 

Looking forward to: New Years Eve! My husband is unfortunately working, but I always go over to my parents house. They make appetizers and we watch movies and drink wine and champagne. This year I'll be enjoying a ton of water, but that's okay I can have champagne next year!

No comments: