Pages

Monday, October 7, 2013

Mommy Mondays Week 23

WOW what a week! It's crazy how 'pregnant' I feel now that the baby weighs more. We had a doctors appointment during week 23, and found out my placenta is within 1 cm of my cervix. He's not calling it placenta previa, but I have to go back for another ultrasound at 25 weeks. Hopefully everything will move along and it won't be an issue, otherwise I will need a c-section. I'm not anti c-section for the women who choose to have them or have to have them, I just really don't want one. This week also came with a lot more movement, reflux, some nausea, and an upset tummy. I think I'm dehydrated, I need to be better about getting all of my water. I look huge in the picture, but I swear it's half undigested food. And I took this picture after work, so I had already eaten two meals plus snacks. 

How many weeks: 23

What fruit/veggie is baby: large mango, 11.5 inches and 1.1 lbs.

Movement: Tons! Almost always during the day, she's not an active baby at night. She moves the most when I'm hungry and after I eat.

New symptoms: feeling more emotional, having weird dreams, and getting really crappy sleep.

Cravings: still loving oranges, and I've been craving Mexican hot chocolate again which was a total first trimester craving

Sleep: still tossing and turning, I seem to sleep best on the weekends. It's nice, but grueling during the work week.

Stretch marks: none

Rings on/off: on, except for in the picture. derp.

Best memory of the week: having the doctor tell us the ultrasound was normal, and all of the genetic tests for defects were negative! I couldn't help but worry something would be wrong with her. My husband and I got pregnant so quickly, I felt like it was a fluke and we wouldn't end up having a healthy baby. Weird, I know. 

Looking forward to: maternity leave . . . in three months. I'm over it this week.

No comments: