Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Nursery

Good news! I can finally start planning the nursery now that I know what we're having . . .


Eeeek that's right! We are having a girl! I actually plan on using the colors in that heart onesie as her nursery colors. Except the taupe, I'm thinking a gray-beige would be nice instead. As for a bump update, not much to see here.


It's hard to believe I'm 20 weeks, and already halfway finished with my pregnancy! It seems to be flying by, but I guess that's what happens you're too busy to stop and think about much. I'm excited to get her nursery ready. It was pretty much jam-packed with our stuff, so it's been a huge project cleaning it all out. It's taken months! Little by little I do what I can, but I find I can't do as much these days. At this point I think it's safe to say we've donated at least 15 trash bags full of stuff to the thrift store, as well as boxes full of house stuff. I feel like our closets can finally breathe, at least for now anyway!


She already has 7 totes full of clothes, each tote holds 4 gallons. It's a great start! I'm sure I will be getting more, these were hand me downs and some new items from my mom. Plus I still have two months until my baby shower. My wonderful cousin gave me so much! She has a daughter, and the age gap is perfect. Whenever S outgrows something, baby girl will get it. She has been so incredibly generous. We already have a walker, rocker, bouncer, play mat, toys, maternity clothes for me, and two breast pumps. I can't get over how much stuff you get when you're pregnant! 

I can't wait to share more update photos of how the nursery is coming along. I'm seriously afraid to show it now. Maybe I will do before and after pics later down the road. It's pretty scary. We look like an episode of Hoarders.

No comments: