Pages

Friday, June 15, 2012

Sweet Balsamic Blueberry Grilled Chicken Salad

Spring produce is fantastic, I love seeing low prices on fresh fruits and vegetables. I picked up a huge carton of fresh blueberries for a couple of bucks the other day, but I knew I wasn't going to use them up fast enough by just stirring them into Greek yogurt once a day. I've decided this salad is my new favorite meal, and plan to eat it twice a day! And for 156 calories a serving, I don't think you can blame me.



There isn't much of a recipe here, the only thing you might not have in the pantry is balsamic drizzle. I have the Rachael Ray brand, it is 20 calories per tablespoon and about a million times better than plain balsamic vinegar. Balsamic drizzle is basically just balsamic vinegar that has been cooked down and reduced into a syrup. So not only does it taste sweet and tangy, but it coats the lettuce leaves perfectly. To get the same calorie count as me, here is what I used:

Sweet Balsamic Blueberry Grilled Chicken Salad
  • 4 ounces Chicken Breast Escalopes, or any thinly sliced chicken breast with the fat trimmed
  • 2 cups of Mixed Salad Greens
  • 1/4 c. Fresh Blueberries
  • 1 tbsp. Balsamic Drizzle
It's as simple as that! I season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook it over the grill pan with a non-stick cooking spray. This would also be fantastic with strawberries and a nut such as candied walnuts or sliced almonds. I think this is my current favorite for Spring, next up I'll have to experiment with watermelon and mint! ^_^ Enjoy.

4 comments:

Hayley said...

Oooh I'd never think of putting blueberries in a salad! Must try this :)
Hayley
www.abritishcocktail.wordpress.com

Healthy & Homemade said...

I'm a huge fan of food that is easy but still flavorful! Yum =D

Healthy & Homemade said...

I hope you like it! I personally love fruit on salads =D

Joanne said...

I love the idea of pairing fruits and savory elements in salads! Delicious!