Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Spicy Mexican Thin Crust Pizza


I've been on a total pizza kick ever since I bought these La Tortilla Factory tortillas. If any of you know of an even better brand please let me know! ^_^ These are good, but on their own I think you could tell the tortilla is "healthy" ;)

These would be fun to make with the family since they come together so easily, and all that needs cleaning up afterward is your knife and cutting board.



Spicy Mexican Thin Crust Pizza
  • 1 Low Carb Tortilla (50 calories, 3 carbs)
  • 30 grams Pizza Sauce (6 calories) I used my homemade spicy sauce
  • 1 Low Fat String Cheese, shredded (80 calories)
  • 1 tsp Jalapeno, finely minced
  • 16 grams Pepperoni (62 calories)
  • Avocado, diced (69 calories)
Preparation & Cooking Instructions

Preheat oven to 400F. While the oven is preheating place your tortilla on a parchment lined baking sheet and allow to crisp up. I made my own "spicy cheese" by shredding a stick of string cheese and adding in minced jalapeno. It worked really well, and the cheese melted nicely. Use mozzarella if you have it, or pepper jack. Once the tortilla has crisped up and the oven is ready to go, flip the tortilla over and top with everything expect the avocado. I baked this for 12 minutes to make sure the cheese melted. Top with fresh avocado and enjoy. This would also be great piled high with shredded lettuce and tomato, then topped with hot sauce. Enjoy this guilt free individual pizza for only 267 calories, and 4 grams of carbohydrates!


8 comments:

Pam said...

Looks tasty!  I love anything with fresh avocado.  YUM!

Lee Anne said...

This looks delicious! I just stumbled upon your blog! Going to bookmark it and come back for some cooking inspiration! Thanks for sharing!

Lee Anne
It's A Want

http://itsawant.wordpress.com/

shama said...

Hello....sorry i could not find your name....well congratulations on your blog it is really good, specially that you are focused on helthy dishes.....i really like you pizza. but i think that you maybe could make it more mexican just changing one ingredient....i suggest instead of pepperoni , chorizo! so it will become more mexican ....also i invite you to follow my blog, i dont know if you read spanish  but if not you can use the translator tool that i have on the right bar....so keep going and inspiring

Healthy & Homemade said...

Me too! =D

Healthy & Homemade said...

Oh that's awesome =D Thanks so much for reading, I will also check out your blog!

Healthy & Homemade said...

Thanks for reading! Yeah I don't eat chorizo, I do buy the Soyrizo substitute when I want it but that's too many carbs for right now =P I will check out your blog, thanks! =D

Nicole Arnold said...

LOVING these LaTortilla Factory tortillas!  I've made several mini pizza's with them! 

Healthy & Homemade said...

Hooray! Glad you're loving them too. I want to try making that cauliflower pizza dough that's all the rage right now!