Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Cheesecake for Under 200 Calories

Ever wished we lived in a perfect world where dessert could be consumed for lunch? I suppose with this recipe you could keep that dream without losing your waistline.


This recipe was inspired by a Vlog I saw on Youtube. This girl is super creative and used cottage cheese to make her version. I've used cottage cheese in cheesecake before, but it's always been accompanied by cream cheese! I've also made ricotta and cream cheese cheesecake before, which is equally delicious. This is a very light version of those previous recipes. It makes 1 serving (which is 3 muffin molds) and it's about 150 calories.


I only photographed two out of the three cakes, but the recipe definitely makes three very full molds. They sink down a bit after they've set.



Basic Cheesecake Recipe

For the crust:
  • 2 Melba toasts (46 calories)
  • sprinkle of butter seasoning, I use Molly McButter fat free seasoning
  • 1/2 tsp. of Stevia, or any sweetener you prefer
For the filling:
  • 123 grams, or 1/2 cup, non fat cottage cheese (80 calories)
  • 1 Tbsp. coconut milk creamer, or any milk/water will do (10)
  • a few drops of vanilla extract
  • sprinkle of butter seasoning & cinnamon
Extras
  • For strawberry cheesecake: 4 small strawberries (about 14 calories depending on size) to blend into the cheese as well as lemon juice, I also used a couple drops of coconut extract
  • For mocha cheesecake: 1/2 tsp instant espresso or coffee, 1/2 tsp cocoa powder, and extra cinnamon
Preparation & Cooking Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 F. Using a Magic Bullet, blender, or food processor grind the Melba toasts into a fine powder along with the butter seasoning and Stevia. Line you muffin pan with three baking cups and evenly distribute the crust between the three cups. Then combine the cottage cheese, coconut creamer (or milk/water), vanilla extract, and seasonings and blend until smooth. Here I divided the mixture. In a small bowl I took 1/3 of the mixture and stirred in the flavors to make mocha, then poured that batter on top of one of the molds. Back in the blender I added the strawberries, juice from 1/2 a lemon, and the coconut extract and I blended until the fruit was pureed. Pour the strawberry batter over the remaining two molds. Place the muffin pan in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 20-30 minutes, or until the cheesecake it almost set. Remember, it doesn't have to be rock solid because the molds will go on a plate in the fridge to chill before eating. I chilled my molds for about 15 minutes and they set up perfectly. Serve and enjoy!!



6 comments:

Dzoli said...

Cheescake wit low calories..that sounds tempting.Looks great:)

Leslie said...

In my perfect world...dessert would be for breakfast, lunch AND dinner!!!

Joanne said...

Crazy! These are like...my dream come true.

Healthy & Homemade said...

And they TASTE good too!!

Healthy & Homemade said...

I love that!!!

Healthy & Homemade said...

It's delicious, and totally a guilt free meal! Zero fat!!