Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Asian Citrus Tilapia


 I made this for dinner tonight and boy oh boy, it was so tasty. When I added the fish to the hot skillet the smell was just insane. It reminded the hubby and me of those buffalo mustard pretzel chunks. Yum! I served this up alongside sauteed spinach and a few slices of roma tomato with a small drizzle of balsamic. Feel free to use another white fish if you don't have tilapia on hand or available!




Asian Citrus Tilapia
       makes 3 servings
  • 300 grams of tilapia
  • 1 tsp coconut oil
  • 1/2 tsp minced ginger
  • 1/2 tsp Braggs liquid amino's, or soy sauce
  • 1 T yellow mustard
  • squeeze of lime juice, this is up to you how much
  • 3 T rice vinegar
  • teeny bit of lemon zest, optional
  • dash of: pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper
Preparation & Cooking Instructions

 Mix all of the marinade ingredients and pour over the tilapia. Be sure to flip the fish to coat both sides. Let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat a skillet  to medium heat and add a tsp of coconut oil, optional. Place your fish in the pan and saute until the top side begins to look white and no longer opaque. Flip the fish over and cook an additional two minutes on the other side. Serve alongside a delicious veggie of your choice!

My whole meal was 134 calories. Enjoy!





8 comments:

xothxo said...

I love tilapia, I have to try this recipe. Thanks for posting!

Dubravkabelogrlic said...

I ma crazy about fish.And I would prepare it simialr.I would only do spinach in white garlic sauce;)

Fab Kimberly said...

I made fish tacos earlier in the week with some tilapia, but I will definitely be adding this to the menu list for next week.  Looks and sounds wonderful!

Healthy & Homemade said...

Sure! Hope you enjoy it =)

Healthy & Homemade said...

Lol! If only white garlic sauce was low calorie. Yummm! =)

Healthy & Homemade said...

Thanks Kim! It really was delicious. Only thing was I retained water from the salt. Make sure you don't salt the marinade or fish, the soy sauce does that for you =P Whoops!

hivenn said...

Looks SO ah-mazing. x hivenn

Healthy & Homemade said...

Thank you!