Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Banana and Nutella Breakfast Crepes



Mastering the Art of French Cooking never lets me down. I've been wanting to make crepes for a while now, and I knew this book would have the tastiest recipe for them. I followed the instructions for making dinner crepes versus dessert because 1: it was easier, and 2: it was easier. No judging.


Banana and Nutella Crepes
     adapted from MtAoFC, serves 2
  • 3/4 cups all purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup cold water
  • 1/2 cup cold milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tbsp melted butter
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • jar of Nutella
  • 1 large banana
This makes 8 crepes total, about 5 inches in diameter. Pour everything into the blender and blend it up for 1 minute at the top speed. Scrape down any stuck on bits from the side and blend for a few seconds more. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours of overnight, I did overnight. Do this the night before and it's so much easier for a quick breakfast. Or by all means, wake up 2 hours early to make the batter then wait, whichever you prefer . . . 

I used a non-stick skillet, but if you prefer stainless steel then be sure to butter the pan. Preheat skillet to medium heat (the book says medium-high but I don't like my food burnt) and use a 1/3 cup measure to pour out the batter. Pour batter into the center of the dish and swirl to cover to pan. Let cook for a minute or so until golden brown then flip with a spatula or your hand to brown the other side. Stack the crepes in wax paper until ready to use so they stay warm and moist. To assemble the Nutella and bananas I used about 1.5 tsp of Nutella on each crepe.  Spread it out thin, to cover the crepe, and add a few pieces of sliced banana. Fold in half, then half again. This actually made 8 crepes total but we had 3 each. Unless you're me, then you had one and were full. Of course, dust with powdered sugar before serving ^_^ Enjoy!




5 comments:

Mary @ Bites and Bliss said...

My mom would LOVE these. She adores crepes and even requested us go to IHOP so she could order their nutella crepes.

Healthy & Homemade said...

I think that settles it, you pretty much HAVE to make these for your mom ^_^ They are so easy and so delicious!

Ashley's Cooking Adventures said...

OMG, these are just calling my name. I love anything Nutella, but the banana Nutella combo is irresistible! 

Laynah Rose said...

oh my heaven, I'm making these asap

Healthy & Homemade said...

You get so full after eating just one or two, so it's the perfect way to indulge in a sweets craving without feeling too terrible about it.