Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

How To: Pizza in a Hurry, On a Budget



Two weeks ago was most definitely the worst work week of my life; every day I would come home and have a glass of wine, and put my feet in the hot tub just to relax. Cooking sounded awful, but unfortunately I have a husband to feed. Enter: biscuit dough pizza! I did not think this was possible, or that it would taste good; I quite enjoyed it, and the mister drooled over every piece. The coolest part about this dough was making it on the grill pan. I got those awesome grill marks without taking a step outside my apartment door. Sigh, I'm going to miss having grills on the roof. I fear when we make the move to live in the cheap we'll be giving up a lot of amenities. Alright, enough whining.


Biscuit Dough Pizza
      makes 4 servings
  • 1 small can biscuit dough
  • 1/3 cup marinara sauce (homemade if you have it!)
  • cheeeeeese
  • any toppings you'd like
  • olive oil to brush the dough

Preparation & Cooking Instructions

Preheat your grill pan to medium-highish heat. Take the dough of the the can and place on a floured surface, stacking each biscuit on top of the other making one awesome biscuit tower. Using a bit more flour and your rolling pin vigorously roll the dough out until it's as thin as you can get it (it puffs up quite a bit while it cooks). Brush oil onto each side of the dough and place onto the grill pan until nicely charred and cooked, you should only have to flip once or twice. Preheat broiler to high, and place pizza dough onto a baking sheet lined with foil. Top with sauce, cheese, and whatever toppings you prefer; I did little droplets of homemade dill-butter. Place under preheated broiler and cook until cheese has melted, browned, and bubbled. Mmmmm. I pretty much live for bubbling cheese. And booze, have to have booze. Slice up and enjoy!



Hello, gorgeous grill marks! Total cost of this pizza (serves about 2 people): $1.16!!

Oh yes, depending on where you shop (I shop at Albertsons for the time being) then this whole cheese pizza will run your just over a dollar. Go give it a shot! 

    12 comments:

    Jennifer said...

    Your pizzas always look so good. I love this tip, biscuit dough sounds so easy and yuuum if it gets all flakey and crispy.

    Anonymous said...

    Hello, brilliant. That looks delicious!

    Melanie@UnravelledThreads

    Elaine said...

    That's awesome!! I'll have to try that. We like to use pita bread for mini pizzas! :)

    clothed much, a modest fashion blog

    Monica H said...

    I've had a couple of crap weeks myself, but things are looking up. I hope they are better for you too!

    I think I actually have a can of biscuits in the back of my fridge and since I have no energy for anything else, biscuit pizza it is, thanks!

    Also just wanted to let you know that you won the strawberry kitchen timer on my blog- yay! Since you're moving I can hold onto it til you move into your new place or I can send right away. Just email me and let me know :-)

    Hope you have a better week,
    Monica H

    Val said...

    Yum, Looks great.

    Joanne said...

    Whoa I would never have thought of this! Good call and great pizza!

    Pam said...

    Yum... now I am totally craving pizza.

    ag. said...

    Looks so delish! I'm shocked it's biscuit dough, I've never heard of pizza that way. Yum!

    Julia said...

    Looks delish! I make a homemade pizza at least once a week, so this will be an exciting variant :)

    xo

    Ingrid_3Bs said...

    I love it! Perfect for after practice meals and weekend lunches! I didn't think you could roll biscuit dough out. Can't wait to try it.

    Btw, I'm over from Monica's!
    ~ingrid

    maggeygrace said...

    I really, reallllly want to cook this now! Num num num! Pizza is my favorite food all around:)

    Mary @Delightful Bitefuls said...

    Brilliant! Love this!

    Great blog; happy I found you!

    Mary xo
    Delightful Bitefuls