Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Spicy Buffalo Chicken Tenders



I made buffalo chicken strips for lunch a couple weeks ago; these are delicious and so easy to make you should give them a shot! ^_^

You will need:
  • 2 lbs. chicken tender strips (thawed)
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 cup Frank's Buffalo Hot Sauce
  • 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon margarine or light butter
  • oil for frying, or you can bake these
Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large skillet add the vegetable oil, enough to cover half or the whole strips of chicken, and turn the heat to medium. On a plate combine your flour, paprika, pepper, and garlic powder and gently combine. You wont need salt here, since there is quite a bit in the hot sauce. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels, once the oil is hot enough dip the chicken into the flour and heavily coat. After the chicken is coated and excess moisture is removed add the chicken to the pan. After a few minutes on each side they should look like the above picture, but since we're going to be slathering the chicken in sauce you want it much crispier. The picture below is what you want:


Once the chicken has a gorgeous color, remove from oil and drain on a paper towel. Combine your melted margarine, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce and proceed to dunk the chicken into the sauce. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place the chicken on the sheet. Bake in the oven for 8 minutes, flip the chicken and cook an additional 8 minutes. After the chicken was fully cooked I popped it under the broiler for a couple of minutes to get a nice crispy finish. I served these tenders up with an extra side of spicy buffalo sauce and sautéed spinach.



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are rockin' it in the kitchen! These look delicious.

Breezer said...

These look wonderful. My husband and I love anything with buffalo sauce/flavor. Yum! I'll try these soon!

Anonymous said...

Yumm-o. I definitely need to try this!

Melanie@Unravelled Threads

Joanne said...

I absolutely adore buffalo chicken. Total comfort food for me! What an awesome recipe.

Pam said...

My husband would love these...he's a huge fan of Frank's Red Hot. They look terrific.

The Blonde Duck said...

Popped in to say hi! This looks delicious!

Tiffany said...

These look really yummy. I love hot sauce! I've made hot chicken wings that turn out wonderful. I will keep this recipe in mind! :)

LifestyleBohemia said...

These look so yummy and the recipe looks simple enough. Thanks for sharing. Just came across your blog & love - am following now :)

Heather said...

I'm going to do this one!