Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Breakfast Sandwiches


Good evening! Two food posts in one day? Oh my! I'm getting back into the game =) We just finished dinner about an hour ago, and there will definitely be a post on that tomorrow, so check back! Today started out the best way, sleeping in until 8, making fresh OJ, coffee, and breakfast sandwiches for me and hubby!


Breakfast Sandwiches
  • 2 eggs (scrambled, fried poached, etc.) I scrambled because I had 5 eggs and needed to make 2 sandwiches, so I did 4 yolks and 5 whites =)
  • Chopped scallions
  • Sliced tomato (I used Campari)
  • Salt + Pepper
  • Toast, English muffin, bagel, etc.
  • Butter
  • Cheese (I spread the Laughing Cow light Swiss cheese, creamed, onto one slice of the bread)
Cook up you eggs in a tiny bit (couple teaspoons) of butter, and then add scallions once they've cooked. If you're scrambling, you can throw the chopped scallions into the eggs just before you plate the eggs. If they're poached or fried, just sprinkle on top after cooking. Toast your bread while the eggs are cooking, plate eggs, salt and pepper, top the tomato. That simple, enough said.

3 comments:

Jen Hsieh said...

i want to get my hands on this sandwich. i love scallions with eggs and those tomatoes look so fresh :) mmm

Raquelita said...

Yum! This looks fantastic!

Healthy and Homemade said...

It is indeed healthy and homemade, lol!