Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

A Day of Favorites

Happy Monday everyone!! =P

Today I'm getting back on track, and doing it with my favorite things to help keep me motivated! Waking up later than I wanted put a slight damper on things this morning. Due to the fact that I was up until 2 am organizing my closet/jewelry/stacks of husbands papers I got up at 9 =/ It was okay though, I started the day with a little Rachael Ray and a cup of coffee and then worked out after! I worked out with my P90X and did cardio and shoulders and arms! My birthday is on Friday, and Saturday night we're going out to celebrate (looking good in my very short mod style dress is a must!), therefore eating right and working out hard are in order! After an almost 2 hour workout, I was hungry (read: starving). I cooked up my fave! Tofu Scramble!!! Yum yum yum. So nutritious, filling, and guilt free! I jazzed it up a bit with some fresh and very ripe avocado. It's also heavily seasoned with black pepper & cayenne, ohhhh I'm so daring.



For lunch I'm going to make another favorite of mine . . . Taco Salad!


So that's an older pic, but it doesn't matter it's going to look exactly like this and hopefully taste just as good! I don't make my taco salad in a big deep fried bowl either, it's fresh and healthy the only non-raw ingredient is the vegan sour cream I mix with my salsa and the tortilla chips I put around the salad. It's oh so tasty!

For dinner I plan on making Eggplant Parmesan. I've been wanting to cook eggplant for weeks now, and I'm going to follow Rachael Ray's recipe (with a few of my own additions/subtractions) and veganize it by using Smart Balance instead of butter, and Follow Your Heart mozzarella cheese instead of dairy cheese =) OH! Also, I say no to frying. This will be baked and then put under the broiler for a few to melt the cheese and heat the sauce =) I hope everyone has a fabulous Monday, and wonderful Columbus Day! That's what inspired me to cook Italiano tonight . . . I'll leave you with this mouthwatering up close shot of my ridiculously flavorful breakfast, try not to drool all over your keyboard ;-)


3 comments:

whoatiger2002 said...

You are so cute! I love all your fun recipes! One of these days when I actually have time, I'll have to try some out!! :)

Lyn said...

omg that tofu scramble looks sooo good! avocado YUM! to bad I won't be here to party it up with you on friday!?! boooo!

Healthy and Homemade said...

@ whoatiger2002: thanks! you should totally make some time to cook what sounds good. I love my recipe because they're quick and simple, perfect for anyone short on time =)

@ Lyn: the tofu is so yummers! you'll have to make it! have fun up in LA! happy early bday ;-)