Pages

Friday, October 9, 2015

Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate, in the microwave!

With the salted caramel sauce I had in the fridge and a craving for chocolate, I decided to make a little mug of hot chocolate for me and my baby girl to share. I gave her some in a bottle mixed with milk, and she chugged that sucker down. Probably a bad idea but she's a great taste tester! This is easy to put together if you're in the mood for something better than the powdered packets, but you don't want to make a whole pot on the stove.


Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
      serves 1
  • 1 cup of milk, I used whole
  • 1 Tbsp salted caramel sauce
  • 1 tsp semi sweet chocolate chips, mini work great for measuring
  • 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
  • tiny pinch of salt
  • 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
In a microwave safe mug add the milk, chocolate chips, and caramel sauce. Microwave on high for 1.5-2 minutes, or until hot. Add in the remainder of your ingredients and whisk to combine. I topped this with a marshmallow and sprinkles for a pop of color, but it doesn't need anything it's delicious on it's own. Perfect to cozy up with a mug of this to watch Love Actually, which I may or may not have watched three times already this week.

Per serving: 252 calories, 27 grams net carbohydrates, 9 grams of protein, 12 grams of fat.

No comments: